The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 2-day event of 12th Civil Services Day on April 20, 2018.
- The main objective of the Civil Services Day is to acknowledge and recognise the good work done by the civil servants.
- On this occasion, the work done for implementation of priority programmes is rewarded under PM awards.
- This year, record 643 districts are participating for prestigious PM award. Out of these, 103 are aspirational districts.
- On the occasion, the Vice President released a book titled “Emulating Excellence -Takeaways for Replication, Prime Minister’s Awards – Priority Programmes 2017 & 2018“.
- This year’s Civil Services Day theme is ‘New India – Shaping the Future’.