Q. Which app has been developed by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) for highway users?
A. Sukhad Yatra
B. Yatra Susheel
Answer: A. Sukhad Yatra
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways headed by Nitin Gadkari has launched a new mobile app called ‘Sukhad Yatra’ which is aimed to empower frequent highway users.
- The mobile app has been developed by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and offers a number of convenient features including real-time data waiting-time at toll-plazas.
- Sukhad Yatra mobile App is for the National Highway Commuters of India, who wish to cross through a National Toll road in a pre-informed manner.
- The Sukhad Yatra mobile app offers updates on toll plazas, provision to buy FASTag tag, report road issues.
- The App also prevents frauds by way of overcharging by a Toll Plaza as it informs the user about the fee applicable. While on move, users can know the places of interest & Route to theses places if he/she wishes.
- The App tells real time waiting time at a plaza as at a particular time. Once the user crosses a plaza, he/she can also give feedback of his experience through the toll plaza.
Along with the Sukhad Yatra mobile app, Government of India has also launched a new toll-free number 1033 that will enable users to report an emergency condition, or highway-related feedback, across the highway.
Source: Financial Express