Q. Where was the First Session of Indian National Congress held?
Answer: A. Bombay
Indian National Congress (INC) held its first session at Bombay.
- The session was scheduled to be held in Poona, but due to a cholera outbreak, it was shifted to Bombay in the eleventh hour.
- The first session was held from 28 to 31 December 1885.
- The first President of INC was Womesh Chandra Bonnerjee.
- Indian National Congress was founded on 28 December 1885.
- British civil servant Allan Octavian Hume is considered as the founding father of INC.
- The first session was attended by 72 delegates, representing each province of India