1. Which public sector bank has recently launched ‘Unnati’ credit card?
A. State Bank of India
B. Bank of Baroda
C. Punjab National Bank
D. Indian Bank
Answer: A. State Bank of India
Learn more: Here are 10 key features of SBI Card Unnati
2. Third G-20 framework working group meet was held at ________ from March 28 to March 29, 2017.
A. Kochi, Kerala
B. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
C. Jaipur, Rajasthan
D. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Learn more: Third meeting of G-20 framework working group to be held at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh (UP) on 28th and 29th March, 2017; to deliberate on current global economic situation and other important development challenges.
3. Which book on the history of Indian Railways has been jointly authored by Shri Bibek Debroy (Member, NITI Aayog), Shri Sanjay Chadha (Joint Secretary, Ministry of Commerce) & Ms. Vidya Krishnamurthi?
A. “Indian Railway-Inside Out”
B. “Indian Railway-The Rare Jewel”
C. “Indian Railway-The Epic Journey”
D. “Indian Railway-The weaving of a National Tapestry”
Answer: D. “Indian Railway-The weaving of a National Tapestry”
4. Tamil Nadu State cricket team won the ________on March 29, 2017, and thus became the first state team to win all the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) senior level matches.
A. Vijay Hazare Trophy
B. Irani Cup
C. Deodhar Trophy
D. Ranji Trophy
Answer: C. Deodhar Trophy
Learn more: Tamil Nadu first state to win Deodhar Trophy
5. State-run power equipment maker BHEL has commissioned the second 800-MW unit of Yeramarus thermal plant located in:
Answer: B. Karnataka
6. Which two new Android based Apps have been launched by Govt. to provide transparency in the enforcement of traffic rules as well as enable the citizens to report any traffic violation or road accident?
A. eRoad and mParivahan
B. eChallan and mParivahan
C. eMemo and mRoad
D. eChallan and mVehicle
Answer: B. eChallan and mParivahan
7. Food and Drug Administration (F.D.A), the federal agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services approved the first drug to treat Severe Multiple Sclerosis. This drug has been named:
Answer: B. Ocrevus
8. Name the veteran Pakistani banker who became the first female to be appointed as the President and CEO of one of the largest commercial bank in Pakistan?
A. Heena Masood
B. Rubina Khan
C. Sima Kamil
D. Farida Anwar
Answer: C. Sima Kamil
9. Airports Authority of India (AAI) has been awarded India Pride Awards 2016 -17 for “Excellence in Infrastructure Development” in the category of Public Sector Undertaking by which daily newspaper?
A. The Hindu
B. Dainik Bhaskar
C. Times of India
D. Indian Express
Answer: B. Dainik Bhaskar
Learn more: INDIA PRIDE AWARDS
10. Which private sector bank has launched an innovative account opening system on March 29, 2017, under the name 8-11 which can be used from anywhere and anytime?
A. Karur Vysya Bank
B. Bandhan Bank
C. Kotak Mahindra Bank
D. IDFC Bank
Answer: C. Kotak Mahindra Bank
11. Which private sector bank has recently signed an agreement with Wells Fargo, America’s third largest bank by asset, to offer real time remittances by Indian Diaspora in the US back to their relatives in India?
A. HDFC Bank
B. ICICI Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. Axis Bank
Answer: D. Axis Bank
12. Krishna River Management Board (KRMB) looks after water sharing between which two Indian States?
A. Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
B. Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
C. Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
D. Tamil Nadu and Kerala
Answer: B. Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
Learn more: Centre recasts panel helping Krishna Board
13. Central Govt. has approved the construction of _________ houses under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Grameen(PMAY-G) with the financial outlay of Rs 81,975 crore during the first phase of period 2016-17 to 2018-19.
A. 50 lakh
B. 75 lakh
C. 1 crore
D. 1 crore 25 lakh
Answer: C. 1 crore
14. Finance Bill 2017, which was laid as Money Bill in Lok Sabha has been passed by Parliament on 30th March 2017. Which article of Indian Constitution defines Money Bill?
A. Article 110
B. Article 160
C. Article 210
D. Article 260
Answer: A. Article 110
15. India ranked ______ out of 185 countries for Anemia among women as per Global Nutrition Report 2016.
Answer: D. 170th
Learn more: We need a Nutrition Mission
16. Dr. N M Namboodiri, who passed away on 30th March 2017, was a renowned:
A. Marine Biologist
B. Rocket Scientist
Answer: C. Historian
Learn more: Neelamana Madhavan Nampoothiri From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
17. Which among the following has become the first tiger reserve in India to get the official mascot named ‘Bhoorsingh the Barasingha’?
A. Buxar Tiger Reserve
B. Bandipur Tiger Reserve
C. Manas Tiger Reserve
D. Kanha Tiger Reserve
Answer: D. Kanha Tiger Reserve
18. Name the senior bureaucrat who has been appointed as new Chairman of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)?
A. Vishesh K Vaghela
B. Sheetal P Rathod
C. Jaspreet S Ahluwalia
D. Vanaja N Sarna
Answer: D.Vanaja N Sarna
Learn more: Vanaja N. Sarna appointed CBEC chairperson
19. The Government of India has signed USD 350 million loan agreement with which international financial organization for road projects in Madhya Pradesh?
A. International Monetary Fund (IMF)
B. World Bank
C. Asian Development Bank
D. New Development Bank
Answer: D. New Development Bank
20. Name the American astronaut who broke Sunita Williams’s record of most spacewalks by a woman?
A. Emma Cooper
B. Peggy Whitson
C. Laura Smith
D. Jenny Harper
Answer: B. Peggy Whitson
21. Military of which country recently concluded Operation “Euphrates Shield” in Northern Syria?
D. The United States of America
Answer: C. Turkey
22. A book that will chronicle Tabla player Zakir Hussain’s life through a series of in-depth interviews is being written by Nasreen Munni Kabir and is scheduled to release in January 2018. What is the title of this book?
A. “Zakir Hussain: A Life for Music, In Conversation with Nasreen Munni Kabir”
B. “Zakir Hussain: Face Off with Nasreen Munni Kabir”
C. “Zakir Hussain: Untold Story”
D. “Zakir Hussain: A Life Story of an Ustaad”
Answer: A. “Zakir Hussain: A Life for Music, In Conversation with Nasreen Munni Kabir”
23. Indian Damneet Singh won the silver medal at IAAF World U18 Championships. He won this medal in
B. Shotput throw
C. Hammer throw
D. Long Jump
Answer: C. Hammer throw
24. India will host the men’s World Boxing Championship for the first time in which year?
Answer: D. 2021
25. The 72nd Regular Session of the UN General Assembly will convene at UN Headquarters in the month of
Answer: A. September
Learn more: 72nd session of the UN General Assembly
26. 6th Heart of Asia Summit was held in which city?
Answer: A. Amritsar