There are 15 questions in this quiz with the answer key given at the end of the post.
Attempt as many as you can without seeing the answer for 5 minutes.
Match your answer against the answer key given after 5 minutes. With the answer key, you will also find links for learning more about the subject.
1. Intensive cultivation refers to:
A. production with intensive use of labor
B. production with intensive use of fertilizer
C. raising production by intensive use of existing land
D. raising production by large-scale use of imported inputs
2. Upon winning the unprecedented eighth singles title at Wimbledon in 2017, Roger Federer surpasses the record made by:
A. William Renshaw
B. Andre Agassi
C. John McEnroe
D. Ivan Lendl
3. A universal recipient has the blood group
4. Amir Khusro was a
B. play writer
5. The BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) has been setup for:
A. Funding infrastructure projects in BRICS and emerging economies for sustainable development
B. Funding non-infrastructure projects in BRICS and emerging economies for sustainable development
C. Funding infrastructural projects in developed countries
D. Funding infrastructural projects in BRICS countries only
6. Who introduced the term ‘Hindu rate of growth’ ‘?
A. Amartya Sen
B. Raj Krishna
C. V. K. R. V. Rao
D. Kaushik Basu
7. Thomas Cup is associated with which of the following sports?
8. The Siachin Glacier’s melting waters are the main source of which of the following rivers :
9. Which is the warmest layer of the atmosphere?
10. Who is the first Indian Gold Medal Winner in individual category in Olympic games?
A. Abhinav Bindra
B. Sushil Kumar
D. Leander Paes
11. Which method will be employed to test the hardness of water?
C. Formation of lather with soap
D. None of these
12. Which of the following is used to protect objects in a computer system, in the absence of more complete protection schemes?
A. digital certificate
B. digital signature
13. Ken-Betwa Link Project, the first river interlinking project is likely to benefit the people of the following region:
14. Alcohol is more volatile than water because _________ is lower than water
A. its boiling point
B. its density
C. its viscosity
D. its surface tension
15. Super cooling stands for cooling of a liquid:
A. at freezing point
B. below freezing point
C. at melting point
D. above melting point
1. C. raising production by intensive use of existing land
2. A. William Renshaw
3. B. AB+
4. A. poet
5. A. Funding infrastructure projects in BRICS and emerging economies for sustainable development
6. B. Raj Krishna
Learn more: Hindu rate of growth From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
7. D. Badminton
Learn more: Thomas Cup From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
8. D. Nubra
Learn more: Siachen Glacier From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
9. A. Thermosphere
10. A. Abhinav Bindra
11. C. Formation of lather with soap
Learn more: Soap Test for Water Hardness
12. C. passwords
13. A. Bundelkhand
14. A. its boiling point
Learn more: Volatility of a Liquid
15. B. below freezing point
Learn more: Supercooling From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Today’s recommended book:
Disclaimer: This is an affiliate link and by purchasing this book I will get 9.5% of the proceedings.