Answer: William Renshaw and Pete Sampras
Upon winning the unprecedented eighth singles title at Wimbledon in 2017, Roger Federer surpassed the Britain’s William Renshaw and American Pete Sampras, who both have seven Wimbledon titles.
Highlights of this story
- In the final of Wimbledon on 16th July 2017, Roger Federer defeated Marin Cilic by 6-3, 6-1, 6-4.
- The Swiss star claimed his 19th major title without dropping a set — the first man to do so since Bjorn Borg 41 years ago.
- On his 36th birthday, Federer will become the oldest man to win the Wimbledon tournament’s singles title in the open era.
Read the full news:
- Roger Federer reaches multiple milestones with Wimbledon title
- Video Courtesy- theguardian.com, Wimbledon 2017: Roger Federer wins record eighth title – video highlights
Books you may find useful for your exam preparation
Disclaimer: This is an affiliate promotion for Amazon.in. By purchasing this book from below link, I will receive a 9.5% commission.
The book for IBPS CWE-VI RRBs Office Assistants (Multipurpose)and Officers Scale-I Online Preliminary Examination 2017contains 30 Practice Sets that have been designed on the lines of questions asked in previous years’ IBPS CWE RRB Office Assistant and Officers Scale-I recruitment examinations.
The questions have been designed keeping in mind the examination pattern and the revised syllabi of the main examination. Also, the questions are strictly as per the level of IBPS CWE RRBs Office Assistant and Officers Scale-I Online Preliminary Examination 2017.