Hello friends, Current Affairs questions help in testing whether the aspirants are aware of the day-to-day happenings around them or not. The aspirants preparing for the forthcoming competitive examinations need to have sound knowledge of the recent events and happenings that created news and grabbed the attention of the people around the world as the same is an integral part of almost all the competitive and recruitment examinations.
In this quiz, you will get 16 questions. Attempt all questions. Answer Key is given at the end of the post.
1. The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) joined hands in June 2017 to start a unique project—‘ Aao Angrezi Seekhein’ (come let’s learn English). The first of its kind initiative was started in:
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
2. Which country has announced recently that it will end sales of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040 as part of an ambitious plan to meet its targets under the Paris climate accord?
3. On July 3, 2017, in this city, the foundation stone of the global skill park was laid by Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy-
4. Which country topped the medal tally in 22nd Asian Athletics Championships?
5. Which city hosted the recently concluded 22nd World Petroleum Congress (WPC)?
Disclaimer: This is an affiliate link and by purchasing this book I will get 9.5% of the proceedings.
Competition in Focus Current Affairs Half Yearly 2017 provides complete coverage of current events that took place in last six months – January to July. Apart from the coverage of news and events from across the globe, the current issue contains focused features like 500+ Current Affairs MCQs covering a wide range of subjects and issues. The solutions along with their explanations have been given for the MCQs which will prove to be of high value to the aspirants of upcoming competitive and recruitment examinations.
6. As per a Customer Satisfaction Index Survey conducted by an independent agency for the period of January-June 2017, which airport was ranked at the first position?
A. Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
B. Maharana Pratap Airport, Udaipur
C. Savitri Jindal Airport, Angul
D. Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
7. Which among the followings was appointed, in the month of July 2017, as Global Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF?
A. Radhika Apte
B. Deepika Padukone
C. Priyanka Chopra
D. Lilly Singh
8. Which player did Roger Federer beat to win the record 8th Wimbledon title?
A. Novak Djokovic
B. Marin Cilic
C. Dušan Lajović
D. Grigor Dimitrov
9. Which film bagged the best film in the 18th edition of the International Indian Film Academy awards (IIFA)?
D. Udta Punjab
10. The third test (Aug 12-14 2017) between India and Sri Lanka was played at which venue?
A. Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
B. Galle International Stadium
C. Tyronne Fernando Stadium
D. Sinhalese Sports Club
11. The Government of India has decided to launch a new sub-scheme named “Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY)” as part of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM). The Sub-Scheme will help to provide:
A. rural transport services
B. wifi hotspot centers in remote areas
C. mobile retail shops
D. quick micro-loan services
12. The Union Minister for Finance, Defence and Corporate Affairs launched the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) in the month of July 2017 for the senior citizens aged 60 years and above. The scheme is available till-
A. 31st December, 2017
B. 31st March, 2018
C. 3rd May, 2018
D. 14th July, 2019
13. Film Fare 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to:
C. Shatrughan Sinha
D. Saira Bano
14. Which film won the “Best Story” award in 62nd Filmfare Awards 2017?
A. Udta Punjab
D. Kapoor & Sons
15. What is the full form of CCEA?
A. Core Committee on Economic Affairs
B. Central Committee on Economic Affairs
C. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
D. Central Cabinet on Economic Affairs
16. Which country will host the 5th Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) on 23rd & 24th of November 2017?
D. South Korea
1. A. Uttar Pradesh
Read the full news: Have-not girls to learn English through radio in Uttar Pradesh
2. B. France
Read the full news: France to ban sales of petrol and diesel cars by 2040
3. A. Bhopal
Read the full news: RUDY TO LAY FOUNDATION OF GLOBAL SKILL PARK IN BHOPAL TOMORROW
4. D. India
Read the full news: Asian Athletics Championships: India Tops Medal Tally 1st Time in Best Ever Show
5. C. Istanbul
Read the full news: Istanbul welcomes oil, gas leaders at 22nd World Petroleum Congress
6. A. Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
Read the full news: Raipur Airport Ranked First in Customer Satisfaction Index Survey
7. D. Lilly Singh
Read the full news: Lilly Singh appointed UNICEF’s Global Goodwill Ambassador
8. B. Marin Cilic
Read the full news: Roger Federer beats Marin Cilic to win record 8th Wimbledon, 19th Grand Slam
9. C. Neerja
Read the full news: IIFA Awards 2017: List Of Winners
10. A. Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
11. A. rural transport services
Read the full news: Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY)
12. C. 3rd May, 2018
Read the full news: FM to formally launch Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) tomorrow
13. C. Shatrughan Sinha
Learn more: Winners of the 62nd Filmfare Awards 2017
14. D. Kapoor & Sons
Learn more: Winners of the 62nd Filmfare Awards 2017
15. C. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)
- Composition of the Cabinet Committees (as on 14.07.2016)
16. C. India