There are 20 questions in this practice set. With each question, there are 4 options. You have to choose which one of them is correct.
The answer is given with each question. You will find external links with each answer. You can learn further about the topic by visiting those links.
Questions in this set were asked on our Facebook Page. If you’ve come here from our page, in this post you will find the answer to the questions I asked.
If you have any query of feedback, please write it below in the comment box.
1. The Government of India declared itself free from Avian Influenza (H5N8 and H5N1) from 6 June 2017 and notified the same to World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). The Avian Influenza is commonly known as:
A. Swine Flu
B. Stomach Flu
C. Bird Flu
D. Type A Flu
Answer: C. Bird Flu
2. Which state government has signed an agreement with Internacional Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) to set up a high-performance sports academy of international standard?
Answer: D. Odisha
Learn more: State inks global sports centre deal
3. 22nd Asian Athletics Championship 2017 which is scheduled for 6 July to 9 July 2017 are being held in which state?
A. West Bengal
Answer: B. Odisha
Learn more: 22nd Asian Athletics Championship 2017
4. The UN’s world heritage body UNESCO listed Hebron city in its ‘in danger’ list. The city is located in which country?
Answer: C. Israel
5. After the GST has been implemented, the Union Government warned that manufacturers would face a penalty up to Rs ________ and a jail term for violation of the packaged commodities rules – not printing revised price on unsold and new products.
A. 1 Lakh
B. 1.5 Lakh
C. 2 Lakh
D. 6 Lakh
Answer: A. 1 Lakh
6. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) signed an agreement to launch a Student-Scientist connect programme. The name of the programme is:
Answer: C. JIGYASA
7. SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited has signed an agreement with which bank to create a $200 million IT and innovation fund?
A. Evrofinance Mosnarbank
D. UniCredit Bank Russia
Answer: C. Vnesheconombank
8. According to Check Point’s Mobile Research Team, a family of Android malware infected 14 million devices and rooted 8 million in 2016. Name the malware?
Answer: A. CopyCat
9. Malabar Exercise 2017, a mega naval exercise, is being conducted in Bay of Bengal between India, the US and _________.
A. Sri Lanka
Answer: B. Japan
10. The long distance runner who clinched the gold medal in men’s 5000-meter race at the athletic meet at 22nd Asian Athletics Championships is:
A. Yaser Salem
B. Tariq Ahmed
C. G Lakshmanan
D. Aprilia Kartina
Answer: C. G Lakshmanan
11. Kewal Handa has been appointed as non-executive chairman of which bank?
A. Union Bank of India
B. Dena Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. United Bank of India
Answer: A. Union Bank of India
12. South Indian Bank has tied up with which forex company for remittance facility for the benefit of Indian expatriates from Australia?
A. Think Forex
C. PFG Forex
D. Forex Capital Trading
Answer: C. PFG Forex
Learn more: South Indian Bank ties up with PFG Forex
13. In a major step towards protecting customers from large financial losses on account of frauds in online transactions, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set a rule for a customer to notify the bank within _________ working days of the transaction to avoid losses.
Answer: C. three
Learn more: Report fraud in 3 days to avoid losses: RBI
14. West Bengal Government is celebrating Kanyashree Utsav on July 25, 2017. The Utsav is for:
A. the girls who have made achievements in different areas under various Kanyashree schemes
B. the girls under the age of 25 who have made achievements in various fields of public sector
C. promoting girl education in West Bengal
D. promoting schemes and services provided by West Bengal government for girls
Answer: A. the girls who have made achievements in different areas under various Kanyashree schemes
Learn more: Kanyashree Utsav to be held on July 25
15. Which of the following statement is NOT TRUE for “Liquidity” which is often used in the banking sector:
A. It is the cash available in the system.
B. It can be surplus, neutral but not deficit.
C. Higher quantity of it helps reduce short-term interest rates, while low availability can push up rates
D. All are TRUE
Answer: B. It can be surplus, neutral but not the deficit.
Liquidity is the cash available in the system. It can be surplus, neutral or deficit. A Higher quantity of it helps reduce short-term interest rates, while low availability can push up rates without any RBI policy action.
Learn more: How RBI manages liquidity
16. The 2016 Anti-Hijacking Act which came into force recently replaces a ______________, according to which hijackers could be tried only in the event of a death of hostages, such as flight crew, passengers and security personnel.
A. 1981-vintage law
B. 1982-vintage law
C. 1982-Anti Hijacking law
D. 1976-Aviation law
Answer: B. 1982-vintage law
17. As per a report published by the Department of International Trade, India is the ________ largest investor in the UK.
Answer: B. 4th
Learn more: India slips to be 4th largest investor into UK
18. India’s renowned sports media brand, Sports Illustrated (SI) India Magazine concluded the sixth edition of ‘Maruti Suzuki Sportsperson of the Year’?
A. Deepa Malik
B. PV Sindhu
C. Shiva Keshavan
D. K.L Rahul
Answer: B. PV Sindhu
Learn more: PV Sindhu Wins Sportsperson of the Year 2017
19. What is the rank of India in the second Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI), released by the UN telecommunications agency International Telecommunication Union (ITU)?
Answer: D. 23
20. Which bank has partnered with domestic Android-based mobile operating system Indus OS to launch an OS-integrated UPI payment platform?
A. Yes Bank
B. Dena Bank
C. Axis Bank
D. Vijaya Bank
Answer: A. Yes Bank
Do you want to to get this post in your inbox, if so please provide your details below: