Questions in this set were asked on our Facebook Page. If you came here from our page, in this post you will find the answer to the questions I asked.
In this set, you will find questions from Census of India 2011 and Press Releases of Press Information Bureau.
1. As per Census of India 2011, what percentage of Indian households in approximate term have availed banking services?
Answer: B. 59%
As per Census 2011, 58.7% or 144,814,788 of Indian households (approximately) have availed banking services.
- Household availing banking services Percent, http://niti.gov.in
- India – Availing banking services – Households
2. As per Census of India 2011, which Union Territory has the lowest male to female ratio?
A. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
C. Dadar and Nagar Haveli
D. Daman and Diu
Answer: D. Daman and Diu
Follows are the male to female ratio or sex ratio of all Union Territories in descending order:
- Puducherry – 1,037
- Lakshadweep – 946
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands – 876
- Delhi – 868
- Chandigarh – 818
- Dadar and Nagar Haveli – 774
- Daman and Diu – 618
Overall, India’s female ratio is 943.
3. Which of the following states has the highest number of female population, as per 2011 census record?
A. Andhra Pradesh
C. West Bengal
Answer: D. Maharashtra
Follows are the female population of all states:
- Uttar Pradesh – 95,331,831
- Maharashtra – 54,131,277
- Bihar – 49,821,295
- West Bengal – 44,467,088
- Andhra Pradesh – 42, 138, 631
- Tamil Nadu – 36,009,055
- Madhya Pradesh – 35,014,503
- Rajasthan – 32,997,440
- Karnataka – 30,128,640
- Gujarat – 28,948,432
- Orissa – 20,762,082
- Kerala – 17,378,649
- Jharkhand – 16,057,819
- Assam – 15,266,133
- Punjab – 13,103,873
- Chhattisgarh – 12,712,303
- Haryana – 11,856,728
- Jammu & Kashmir – 5,900,640
- Uttarakhand – 4,948,519
- Himachal Pradesh – 3,382,729
- Tripura – 1,799,541
- Meghalaya – 1,475,057
- Manipur – 1,417,208
- Nagaland – 953,853
- Goa – 719,405
- Arunachal Pradesh – 669, 815
- Mizoram – 541,867
- Sikkim – 287,507
- Telangana – was part of the undivided Andhra Pradesh
Overall India’s number of females are 587,584,719.
Learn more: CensusInfo India 2011
4. The district with the highest population among all the districts in India belongs to which of the following state?
C. West Bengal
D. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C. West Bengal
Medinipur of West Bengal has the highest population (9,610,788).
The district with Lowest Population is Yanam in Puducherry (31,394).
Learn more: Population
5. Which of the following state/union territories has the highest population density (persons per square kilometer)?
C. West Bengal
Answer: B. Delhi
Delhi has the highest population density (11,320 persons resides in per square kilometer)
Arunachal Pradesh has the lowest population density (17 persons resides in per square kilometer)
Overall India has the population density of 382.
6. Which of the following district is the smallest in India by total area?
C. Central Delhi
Answer: A. Mahe
Mahe in Puducherry is the smallest district in India. It is spread across 9 Sq km.
Yanam is the second smallest district with the total area of 17 Sq km.
The Largest District is Kachchh in Gujarat state with area size 45,652 Sq km.
7. A Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training (COMMIT) which was launched recently by the Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh is a new training program for:
A. Central government officials
B. Newly recruits of Indian Administrative Services
C. State government officials
D. Railway officials
Answer: C. State government officials
The Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh launched a new training program Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training (COMMIT) for State Government officials.
The objective of this training programme is to improve the public service delivery mechanism and provide citizen-centric administration through capacity building of officials who interact with the citizens on a day-to-day basis.
Learn more: Dr Jitendra Singh launches new training programme ‘COMMIT’ for State Government officials, Press Information Bureau, Government of India
8. Which of the following is TRUE regarding Van Mahotsav?
A. Van Mahotsav is usually observed in the first week of July every year
B. Van Mahotsav began in 1950 by Dr. K.M. Munshi, the then Union Minister for Agriculture and Food.
C. Van Mahotsav is a chance to fulfill India’s Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDCs) to create additional Carbon Sink of 2.5 to 3 Billion Tonnes of CO2 equivalent through additional forest and tree cover by 2030.
D. All are TRUE
Answer: D. All are TRUE
Learn more: Environment Minister to Lead Plantation Drive to Celebrate Van Mahotsav, Press Information Bureau, Government of India
9. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India recently signed a $220 million loan for improving connectivity as well as transport efficiency and safety on State Highways of:
B. Uttar Pradesh
C. Himachal Pradesh
Answer: A. Rajasthan
Learn more: ADB and India Sign $220 Million Loan Agreement for Improving Road Connectivity and Transport Efficiency on State Highways of Rajasthan, Press Information Bureau, Government of India
9. What does ‘Q’ stand for in QRSAM which was successfully flight tested from ITR Chandipur, off the Odisha Coast recently?
Answer: C. Quick
Learn more: Successful Flight Test of QRSAM, Press Information Bureau, Government of India
10. According to the 2011 Census what percentage of the Indian population was engaged in the agriculture sector:
Answer: D. 54.6%
Learn more: Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanisation (SMAM) has been started in the year 2014-15 to promote agricultural mechanisation: Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Press Information Bureau, Government of India