“Who owns the fish?” is attributed as an Einstein’s riddle, because it is said, Albert Einstein in his boyhood created this riddle and is claimed to be solved by only 2% of the population.
There are many other variations of this riddle such as “Zebra Puzzle“, but here I am giving you the popular version of the riddle.
You should first try to solve this on your own before seeing the solution.
First, understand the situation:
- There are 5 houses in a row (left to right) which is painted with five different colors.
- In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
- These five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
- No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage.
Like any other riddle, Einstien also gave hints to solve his riddle. Here are they:
- the Brit lives in the red house
- the Swede keeps dogs as pets
- the Dane drinks tea
- the green house is on the left of the white house
- the green house’s owner drinks coffee
- the person who smokes Pall Mall keeps birds
- the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
- the man living in the center house drinks milk
- the Norwegian lives in the first house
- the man who smokes blends lives next to the one who has cats
- the man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill
- the owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks beer
- the German smokes Prince
- the Norwegian lives next to the blue house
- the man who smokes blend has a neighbor who drinks water
With these hints, you need to find- “who owns the fish?”
Special Hint: At first, if you can’t figure out how to solve this riddle. Don’t worry. This is a logic puzzle. Keep calm and patiently deduce the problem by applying logic one by one with each hint.
Best of luck 🙂
If you are among 98% 😉 Here is the solution.