There are 20 questions in this quiz. Attempt as much as you can without seeing the answer.
Answers are given at the end of the post.
1. Which is the 1st country in the world to put a ban on Deforestation?
2. Who is known as the ‘Grand Old Man of India’?
B. Dadabhai Naoroji
C. Lala Lajpat Rai
D. Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
3. Which of the following was a recommendation of Hunters Commission?
A. Women’s education
B. New regulation for the organised senates system
C. Gradual withdrawal of state support from higher education
D. Introduction of civic education at college and university level
4. Gandhiji wanted that the students should spend their vacations in:
C. Social service
D. None of these
5. Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
I. Warren Hastings – Regulating Act
II. Cornwallis – Permanent Land Settlement
III. Wellesley – Subsidiary Alliance
IV. Dalhousie – Abolition of Sati
A. I and III
B. I, II and IV
C. I, II and III
D. II and III
6. The theory of “economic drain of India during British imperialism” was propounded by:
A. M. K. Gandhi
B. Jawaharlal Nehru
C. Dadabhai Naoroji
D. R. C. Dutt
7. Who amongst the following was involved in the Alipore Bomb case?
A. S. N. Banerjee
B. Bipin Chandra Pal
C. Jatin Das
D. Aurobindo Ghosh
8. Who among the following introduced the subsidiary alliance system in India?
A. Lord Clive
B. Lord Wellesley
C. Lord Cunningham
D. Lord Canning
9. Who among the following signed the Treaty of Bassein in 1802 with the British East India Company?
A. Baji Rao II
B. Baji Rao I
C. Sultan Bahadur
D. None of the above
10. Which among the following was the first municipal corporation set up in India in the year 1687?
A. Madras Municipal Corporation
B. Bombay Municipal Corporation
C. Delhi Municipal Corporation
D. None of the above
11. Which among the following events was a major set back to Khilafat Movement?
A. Announcements of concession to Muslims by British Government
B. Pact signed between Indian National Congress and Muslim League
C. Revolution in Turkey
D. Violence in Chauri Chaura
12. Which among the following events took place immediately before the massacre at Jallianwalla Bagh?
A. Partition of Bengal
B. Albert Bill
C. Passage of the Rowlatt Act
D. Minto-Morley Reforms
13. In 1953, under whose chairmanship was the first OBC Commission formed?
A. Joachim Alva
B. Kaka Kalelkar
C. Hardekar Manjappa
D. K. K. Shetty
14. In which year, the first census was conducted in India?
15. In which of the following languages was the Ghadar Journal was first published?
16. “Springing Tiger: A Study of a Revolutionary” is a biographical work on _______?
A. Bhagat Singh
B. Chandrashekhar Azad
C. Subhas Chandra Bose
D. Shyamji Krishna Verma
17. The Congress and Muslim League had most cordial relationships in between which among the following years?
A. 1906 to 1916
B. 1916 to 1922
C. 1922 to 1928
D. 1928 to 1934
18. Who was the leader of 1857 mutiny in Assam?
A. Tufzal Hasan Khan
B. Diwan Mani Ram Datta
C. Gajadhar Singh
D. Surendra Shahi
19. In which year Akbar centralised the control and functioning of various mints?
20. Who were the highest officials at the district level in the Mauryan empire under Asoka?
|1. D||2. B||3. A||4. C|
|5. D||6. C||7. C||8. B|
|9. A||10. A||11. C||12. C|
|13. B||14. B||15. A||16. C|
|17. B||18. B||19. D||20. D|