The Government has launched PowerTex India, a comprehensive scheme for powerloom sector development, simultaneously at over 45 locations in the country (effective from April 1, 2017).
Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani launched it in Bhiwandi (Maharashtra) while the same was launched at Surat by Ajay Tamta, State Minister of Textiles and in Erode by Pushpa Subrahmanyam, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Textiles.
The comprehensive scheme has the following 9 components:
- In-situ Upgradation of Plain Powerlooms
- Group Workshed Scheme (GWS)
- Yarn Bank Scheme
- Common Facility Centre (CFC)
- Pradhan Mantri Credit Scheme for Powerloom Weavers
- Solar Energy Scheme for Powerlooms
- Facilitation, IT, Awareness, Market Development and Publicity for Powerloom Schemes
- Tex Venture Capital Fund
- Grant-in-Aid and Modernisation & Upgradation of Powerloom Service Centres (PSCs)
Readings for you: