During Israeli President Reuven Rivlin eight-day visit to India (from 14 November to 21 November 2016), on15th November, India and Israel inked two agreements in the field of water resources management and agriculture.
They were signed following the delegation-level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the visiting Israeli President Reuven Rivlin in New Delhi.
Main Points of discussions during the delegation level talks were:
- enhancing agricultural productivity and efficiency;
- boosting research and innovation linkages;
- employing applications of science and technology for the benefit of our societies;
- Forging strong trade links and investment ties;
- Building defense ties to secure our people;
- Enhancing people to people ties through greater cultural and tourism linkages; and
- 7 Promoting educational exchanges.
It is the first time any Israeli president came here in past two decades. The last and first President of Israel to visit India was Ezer Weizman in 1997.
Prime Minister Modi is also likely to visit Israel next year for the 25th-year celebrations of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- Shubhajit Roy (November 16, 2016), Israel President backs India on terror fight, PM Modi targets Pakistan, Retrieved from http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/israel-president-backs-india-on-terror-fight-pm-modi-targets-pakistan-terrorism-4377923/
- Media Statement by Prime Minister during the State visit of President of Israel to India (November 15, 2016), Retrieved from http://mea.gov.in/